10 November 2008

Horse zombies: long forgotten in medieval bestiaries!

It seems people are looking for my blog from far and wide.

This desire, however, has led to some very...inteeeeeeeeeeeresting google searches.

  1. Survey dogs + questions: I'd be glad to answer your questions, provided they're about service dogs, not survey ones. That's a new one.
  2. Bottles + medieval: Thank Not Drunken Tom for that one.
  3. Cool sounding medieval words: I'm glad to have been of service, even though I'm not quite sure which 'cool sounding' words I've employed that were deemed google-worthy. If you really want some cool-sounding words, take up Latin, Old English, and Middle English. Or something.
  4. Famous cripples in history: Stand up and take a bow, Emma de Beston! And the rest of you, too!
  5. Medieval opinion on the disabled: Let's hope the searcher wasn't looking for modern opinions that are positively medieval. *rim shot*
  6. Mean domina: I believe you forgot four letters at the end: -trix.
  7. Crippled dog death: Oh dear....
  8. What is imbeciles: May I suggest moseying on over to the OED's website?
  9. Gird thy lions: Oh, what an awesome phrase that is!
  10. Cripples: Right to the point - I like that!
  11. Tusculan disputations middle ages: Last time I checked, Cicero wrote the TD in his middle age, yeah.
  12. Politically incorrect terms for disability: You're welcome!
  13. Begging for money + disabled people: I guess that's what I get for writing that post on disability and begging.
  14. Summa dog: Yes, that was the name of Aquinas' dog - Summa.
  15. Silence imbeciles: We're all imbeciles in one way or another, so doesn't that mean the entire world should suddenly go mute?....
  16. Cripple disabilities: A cripple with disabilities? If that works for you....
  17. History of dogs britain medieval: Chase is pretty offended that you've implied she's a very old (grand) dame. She can still chase her ball, thank you very much!
And my personal favourite:

  1. Horse imports + zombies

Yes. You read that correctly. Apparently my blog discusses horse imports and zombies.

Therefore I offer the following letter:

**********

Dear Sir or Madam,

I regret to inform you that this blog does not discuss horse imports and/or zombies either separately or in tandem...or in any grotesque physical combination of the two, although I suspect there may very well be some marginal images of horse zombies in a medieval manuscript somewhere.

If you do have evidence of horse zombies in the medieval period, please feel free to forward such evidence to this blog. I would be quite interested in seeing what horse zombies are and what powers were accorded to them, as I've long suspected that medieval bestiaries were incomplete.

Cordially yours,

Greg Carrier

2 comments:

Penny L. Richards

But "Gird Thy Lions" would be an excellent blog name.

Greg Carrier

Indeed it would be! Someone should start a blog with that name....